When I was young, friends are very important to me and they are part of me, so much more that they understand me better than parents, and when you are in need of help they are always there. They will tell you what is wrong with you and also appreciate your goodness. Friends to me are to share my joy, sorrows, anger, thinking and also secrets.
As time gets by friends start to fade away, we no longer have common objective, like studying together to have good PSLE and O’level grades, or no longer playing the same games or organization. When we grow up there are so many changes and each got their separate path to walk.
Recently I had a friend, which I got to know not long ago, the problem is that when she is quarreling with her boyfriend, she would then message me like, “Don’t message me anymore, my boyfriend does not like it.” Or removing contacts in MSN and friendster. Then after a few months, when she has a problem in making decision she would then get back to you and establish the communication again. I don’t mind to help, just forgive and forget what she has done. Then after helping her, again she got back into the deny of friendship again. I find it really disappointed with this kind of friend, this is my first time. So what I determine that instead of making myself like a fool, just letting someone to use me and throw me aside. I told her not to contact me anymore since I am creating that disruption in her life.
Actually part of me, the Christ-likeness, kept telling me to forgive and forget, and continue to help even she is making use of you. I suddenly got a feeling of what Jesus felt when Peter deny Jesus 3 times, that feeling must be damn bad, because imagine that your beloved brother or student suddenly says that you are not his brother or master, or a son disown his father. So compare my circumstance with Jesus, mine is totally nothing.
So do I want to be just a foolish and stupid to act as a “spare” for that person there to be made used of? Or should I view it in another perspective that God has showed grace and mercy to me and taking Jesus as a role model, it is a blessing which God gave for me that broken people comes to me so that I can bless others. So guess which do I choose?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment